1. Who can apply?
Student Track: Any student studying in a Singaporean Institute of Higher Learning or winners of the Smart India Hackathon 2022.
Startup Track: Any globally registered Start-Up
2. Can I apply for both the student and start-up track?
No, each applicant can only apply for either the student track or the start-up track.
3. Is there a registration fee?
No, there is no registration fee.
4. How many problem statements can I apply for?
One can only apply for 1 problem statement.
5. Can I submit multiple entries?
No, only one entry or proposal can be submitted.
6. Do I need to be a registered company to apply under startup track?
Yes, your startup must be registered.
7. Do I need to submit a solution after being shortlisted?
Yes, the shortlisted entities need to submit a working solution which would be evaluated to decide the winners.
8. How much is the prize money
|First Prize||Second Prize||Third Prize|
|Student Team||SGD 15,000 / INR 9 lakh||SGD 10,000 / INR 6 lakh||SGD 7,000 /INR 4 lakh|
|Startup||SGD 20,000 / INR 12 lakh||SGD 15,000 / INR 9 lakh||SGD 10,000 /INR 6 lakh|
9. Will the information shared be kept confidential?
Information provided will be shared only on a need-to-know basis within the relevant event and evaluation teams. The information provided will be retained post the program for audit purposes.
10. Can I request for re-evaluation in case I am not satisfied with the Judges' decision?
No. You cannot request for re-evaluation. The decision of the judges shall be final and binding.
11. Can I submit multiple entries/proposals?
No, only one entry or proposal for the chosen problem statement can be submitted.
12. Do I need to submit a solution after being shortlisted in Phase 1?
Yes, the shortlisted entities need to submit a working solution/prototype after Phase 1 which will be evaluated to decide the winners in Phase 2. You are not required to have a working prototype in Phase 1.
13. Do I need to possess specific skill sets such as coding, etc. to participate and excel in this hackathon?
There are no mandatory restrictions as to which specific skill sets student participants should possess. For Phase 2, the students will be grouped into teams in a manner that will ensure all team members possess complementary skill sets.
14. I am not a Singaporean. Am I still eligible to participate in this hackathon?
All students studying in Singapore's Institutes of Higher Learning are eligible to participate in this hackathon under the Student Track (Singapore) irrespective of their nationalities.
15. Can I still submit my proposal even if I could not attend the webinars?
You are most welcome to submit your proposal by May 14 even if you could not attend the webinars. In case of any queries, please feel free to email us at email@example.com.